These little fraction coins are 1-inch diameter SINGLE SIDE coins without pegs that ONLY fit Treasures From Jennifer's Hundred Frames with Coin Pockets. They offer even more learning and play with your Hundred Frames with Coin Pockets as your child places each into the dimples of the boards. Some activity ideas:
- Create a number line of fractions according to their size. Remember the value of the fraction is based on the whole number you start with.
- Learn about Numerators and Denominators. Sort and line up fractions based on their numerators and denominators.
- Use your frame board to show the fraction using balls -- 2/3 can be two red balls and one blue ball.
- Fill up one quadrant of your hundred frame with balls to show 1/4.
- Learn about Equivalent Fractions.
- Line up ten wool balls in a few different colors on one line. Ask your child to label the fraction for each colored ball. For instance, there are four pink balls. That's 4/10. There are five blue balls, that's 1/2 or 5/10. And that leaves 1/10 of the balls as the last color, perhaps yellow.
- Use the fraction coins with our Number Coins for creating Mixed Fractions.
- Simplify fractions to convert to smaller denominators.
Please note that these coins come without pegs and that the second and third photo is only used to show the fractions and its font. Also, the Hundred Frames with Coin Pockets are not included and only used to show the coins being used. Please also note that these coins ONLY fit the Hundred Frame with Coin Pockets and not the Original Hundred Frame, Ten Frame, and/or Twenty Frame.
Treasures From Jennifer products are made from natural wood. As such, do expect slight variations in terms of colour, grain, and markings. These are not defects but are unique indications that serve as proof of its natural origin.