This item is for preorder only. ETA is September/October 2019, subjected to changes by Treasures From Jennifer.
These little coins are 1-inch diameter SINGLE SIDED coins that fit best with Treasures From Jennifer's Hundred Frames with Coin Pockets. They offer even more learning and play with your Hundred Frames with Coin Pockets as your child places each into the dimples of the boards. Some activity ideas:
- Each row shows the number as it skip counts up until a multiple of ten.
- You can use these coins to create the multiplication chart and then use it for practicing multiplication and division. What is 3 times 5? Place one finger on the 3 at the top of the chart and five at the side. Then follow the row/column towards the middle of the board until your fingers meet and that's the answer!
- Reverse for division by starting with the larger number. What is 63 divided by 7? In the 7 column, find the coin for 63 and which row is it on? That's your answer to 63 divided by 7!
- Remove certain numbers from the board and ask your child what's missing? Then they replace the coins to finish the board.
- Use a row of colour all on its own on the board along with wood or wool balls to show the multiples of each number.
Please note that the Hundred Frames with Coin Pockets are not included and only used in the photo to show the coins being used. Please also note that these coins work best with the Hundred Frame with Coin Pockets and not the Original Hundred Frame, Ten Frame, and/or Twenty Frame.
***These coins are printed using regular inkjet printer ink. It absorbs differently depending on the porosity of the wood, so some coins may look a little blotted rather than full glossy coverage. Also, the ink takes a few days to air out any residual smell. If your set of coins still has an ink smell, just leave them out in the open air until the smell goes away.
Treasures From Jennifer products are made from natural wood. As such, do expect slight variations in terms of colour, grain, and markings. These are not defects but are unique indications that serve as proof of its natural origin.