A children's story on emotional acceptance
In this story, a grandmother holds space for her granddaughter as the little one goes through big feelings of rejection and loneliness. Instead of rushing to cheer her up, Gramma tells her that all feelings are beautiful, and if we allow our hearts to feel all the feelings, eventually even the biggest emotions settle down and calm returns.
- Being with – a genuine and patient acceptance of all emotions
- Processing emotions – allowing emotions to come and go, and to sit with uncomfortable feelings without avoidance
- Turning to a trusted adult in times of need – When we can be present beside our child in any feeling, it teaches them that no matter the feeling, they will be able to turn to a trusted person in times of need.
This book is for:
- Parents looking to be with their child through all emotions, pleasant or not, and build a safe space for emotional regulation.
- Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 0.3 cm
- 42 pages
Reading age: 3 - 6 years